A Deliciously Easy Shamrock Peppermint Matcha Tea Latte to Brew Up at Home
Is there a tea latte St Patrick’s Day recipe?
Yes, blending peppermint tea latte with matcha powder is a great way to enjoy the flavor and health benefits of both. The bright green color of matcha powder adds a unique visual element to the drink, while peppermint adds a pleasant aroma. The combination of flavors is sure to be a hit!
Peppermint lattes with matcha powder are a unique and delicious twist on traditional tea lattes. These drinks combine the refreshing flavor of peppermint with the earthy, slightly bitter taste of matcha to create a delicious and energizing beverage.
Peppermint tea lattes with matcha powder can be enjoyed hot or iced, making them a versatile drink option year-round. They're also a great alternative to coffee-based drinks for those who are sensitive to caffeine or looking for a healthier alternative.
What are the benefits of peppermint tea?
Peppermint tea benefits have been associated with a few health benefits, including:
- Digestive health: Peppermint tea may help soothe digestive issues such as bloating, gas, and indigestion.
- Headache relief: Peppermint tea may help alleviate tension headaches and migraines.
- Respiratory health: Peppermint tea may help relieve symptoms of respiratory conditions such as coughs, colds, and asthma.
- Stress relief: Peppermint tea may have a calming effect and help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Antimicrobial properties: Peppermint tea may have antimicrobial properties, which can help fight off harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Peppermint tea may have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation in the body.
It is important to note that while peppermint tea can have health benefits, it is not a substitute for medical treatment. If you have a health condition or are taking medication, it is always best to consult with your healthcare provider before adding peppermint tea or any other herbal supplement to your diet.
Does peppermint tea have caffeine?
No, our Mint Melange Tea and most herbal peppermint tea is caffeine free.
Is peppermint tea pregnancy friendly?
Yes, peppermint tea is generally considered safe to drink while pregnant. However, it is best to consult your doctor before drinking peppermint tea.
Are the benefits of matcha tea powder?
Matcha powder is made from finely ground green tea leaves, and drinking matcha can have numerous health benefits. Some include:
- High in antioxidants: Matcha powder is often high in antioxidants, particularly catechins, which can help protect against cellular damage caused by free radicals.
- May help Boost Metabolism: Matcha powder contains compounds that can help increase metabolism, which can aid in weight loss.
- Can Enhances Relaxation: L-theanine in matcha powder can also promote relaxation and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Promotes Healthy Skin: Matcha powder contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that can improve skin health and prevent signs of aging.
- Increases Energy and Endurance: Matcha powder contains caffeine and other compounds that can increase energy levels and improve physical endurance.
Overall, matcha powder is a healthy and delicious addition to a balanced diet.
What is the history of matcha powder?
Matcha powder is a type of powdered green tea (different than regular green tea) that has been traditionally used in Japanese tea ceremonies for centuries. It is made from the leaves of shade-grown tea plants, which are ground into a fine powder.
The process of growing and processing matcha powder involves shading the tea plants for several weeks before harvest, which increases the chlorophyll and amino acid content of the leaves. The leaves are then handpicked, steamed, and dried before being ground into a fine powder using stone mills.
Matcha powder has a vibrant green color and a unique, slightly bitter taste. It is commonly used to make traditional Japanese tea, but it can also be used as an ingredient in smoothies, lattes, desserts, and other recipes.
Does matcha tea powder have caffeine?
Yes, while our Salada Mint Melange Tea is an herbal tea without caffeine, matcha powder does contain caffeine.Our matcha latte recipe below is caffeinated with the matcha powder caffeine added in.
Peppermint matcha tea latte recipe ingredients
Makes 1 Serving
3 Bags Salada Mint Melange Tea in a cup of hot water
¼ Cup Steamed Milk of Choice (dairy, soy, almond, oat, etc.)
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ tsp Matcha Powder
Optional – Whipped cream for garnish.
How to make a tea latte
- Add 3 Bags of Salada Mint Melange Tea to a mug and brew in 1 cup boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags.
- Add Milk, Sugar, and Vanilla Extract (adjusting for preference of taste). Mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- Add Matcha Powder and froth with a milk frother.
- Garnish with whipped cream and blend with a matcha whisk.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to mention @saladatea!