Black Tea Horchata
Horchata is a classic Mexican drink made with rice, almonds, and cinnamon. This delicious drink is perfect for the summertime. In true Salada fashion, we are adding our own twist. You guessed it; we’re adding tea! This Black Tea Horchata recipe is a delicious, refreshing sweet treat can be made gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
Serving size: 6
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups brewed Salada Black Tea
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half or into pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Put rice in a fine strainer and rinse with water.
- In a bowl, add 3 cups of water to the rinsed rice, chopped almonds and the cinnamon stick. Mix and cover the bowl and allow mixture to sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours but the more hours the better the flavor.
- Once you remove the mixture from the fridge, put it in the blender until smooth.
- Put your strainer over a large pitcher and filter out all the remaining texture until all that is left is liquid. You may have to repeat this process once or twice.
- Add in 3 cups of brewed Salada Black Tea, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix together, taste and add more sugar if desired.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!