Green Tea Sugar Cookies
These delicious Green Tea Sugar Cookies are a sophisticated twist on the classic sugar cookie recipe.
- 1 Salada Pure Green Tea Bag
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter slightly softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Brew green tea according to package and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until blended and set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until light and creamy.
- Add the sugar and continue beating for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg, vanilla, brewed green tea and almond extract, beat well.
- Mixing on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture and until well blended.
- Remove the dough and shape into 2 disks about an inch thick. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Once the dough is chilled, remove one disk from the refrigerator. Position a rack in the middle of your oven and preheat it to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thickness, if dough is sticky you may want to dust your surface with a little bit of flour.
- With cookie cutter, cut as many shapes as you can and place cookies on baking sheet. Re-roll the remaining dough and cut out more cookies. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden.
- Let cookies cool completely and enjoy!