How to Boost Your Energy: 8 Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
Boost Your Energy
Do you feel like you’re constantly tired or struggling to get through the day? Or maybe you have a ton you want to accomplish during the day but then become overwhelmed and procrastinate hitting any of your goals, if hitting them at all?
Well, with summer here it is the perfect time to make the most of your longer days and put the spotlight on improving you. The first rule in improving your energy is putting in the time for you that you not only need but deserve. We take advantage of every day needs that are simple to do and can improve both our mental health and physical health.
When you don’t put in the proper time needed in daily routines, your energy levels will be low. You can fall into a bad routine missing out on goals you want to hit.
How to Fight Fatigue
Fatigue is something we all have felt but if you find yourself constantly battling fatigue, you should take a step back. Juggling too much has a harmful effect on our body and motivation. Self-care is vital for us and easily forgotten. It’s easily attainable though and know that it is important to sometimes put yourself first. It can improve you daily outlook on life too.
Check out our favorite self-care tips to start today.
Making goals for yourself are great energy boosters that can help you stay safe and make healthier choices. Journal or use a habit tracker app to follow your progress over time. It is a truly rewarding experience. Setting goals can help improve your focus, motivation, direction, and productivity. As you meet your daily goals, you may start feeling more confident in yourself.
We want you to be the star of your show and to feel like the best you there is. Here are eight simple steps to get there that will leave you feeling great and hopefully help you avoid bad habits that make your body feel tired.
Top Health Tips for Summer:
1. Sleep: Naturally, your body needs a good night’s rest to wake up feeling ready to start the day the next morning. Simple? How many of us know that we should be sleeping earlier than we do and hit the snooze button multiple times in the morning?
When you miss the recommended amount of sleep your body requires, your body can suffer from not receiving the right amount of energy needed. Lacking the recommended amount of sleep can cause and increase your hunger, lead to higher blood sugars, make it difficult to concentrate, and put your body at risk of frequent illness.
2. Stay hydrated: Water intake is vital to your body’s health. It is all too easy to forget to fit in enough hydrating drinks in your busy schedule and hydration is one of the keys that affect your body’s overall health and energy. Proper hydration can help keep your appetite satisfied for a longer period.
During this time of year, it’s important to stay well hydrated in the warm weather outdoors, especially if you know you will be outside for a long period of time. Your body needs more water during the summer months because your body loses water through perspiration. Try to always have a water bottle on hand with water to make sure you’re staying properly hydrated.
Not sure how much water intake your body needs? Discover how much water you personally need daily using our calculator here.
Salada offers Water Boosters to help keep you hydrated on-the-go. Our on-the-go cold brew herbal teas infused with Vitamins B & C can help boost your energy and immunity. Unlike many energy drinks, our herbal tea is a hydration beverage without the jitters. Enjoy drinking your glasses of water in a fun way with our cold infused teas.
3. Add healthy food into your diet and limit added sugars: Too much sugar can sometimes be linked to high blood pressure, inflammation, weight gain, and tiredness. When it’s time to hit the store, try to add more fruits and vegetable to your meal plans that can boost your immune system.
4. Enjoy the outdoors: Did you know that studies show open spaces like parks can help improve your mental health issues, like depression or anxiety? The warm weather is a great time to take your workout goals outside. Make a list of exercise goals that are attainable and take advantage of the summer months. Regular exercise outdoors can boost your mood, reduce fatigue, and improve your mental clarity.
With our monotonous workout schedules, taking the opportunity outside can improve your motivation. It is important to pick the right time and avoid the height of the day when solar rays are at their peak. The best time to spend time outside is in the morning and later in the afternoon. Make sure to always wear sunscreen if you know you will be spending time in the sunshine.
5. Embrace the power of saying ‘no’: The word no is often met with negative associations, and we are brought up believing that using the word too often can be seen as being too difficult. Can you imagine how many experiences could have been different if you went with your gut and said no? It’s a strong word that you learn to appreciate as you live and you learn.
Saying no when you know in your heart you don’t want to do something can better your self-care and strengthen your self-esteem. By saying no and knowing our boundaries, we can also use our time more wisely and allow more energy to do what we want to do. You will start to thrive and focus more time on the parts and people in your life that deserve it.
When we don’t listen to our inner voice enough, we may find ourselves more stressed by the commitments we have made that we don’t feel as strongly connected to. It all builds up and can make you anxious and fatigued.
6. Listen to music: How many of us play music while working out, finishing an approaching deadline, or in the background as we clean? Music is woven into our day-to-day activities and can promote our well-being. If you want more music in your life, incorporate it in your daily routine.
Music can reduce heart rate, lower blood pressure, and is a great way to destress and process emotions. Research shows that music can also increase our serotonin and endorphin levels, while also connected to being able to boost the brain’s production of the hormone dopamine.
Music is a gift that we overlook. You can have music involved in your life in more ways, such as waking up to it instead of an alarm, decompressing on the commute home, or having it on to help calm yourself before a good night’s sleep.
Need a playlist to get you going during a workout or getting started in the morning? We recommend our Mood Booster playlist that can help pump you up for the day ahead, especially after drinking our Water Booster ahead of an exercise routine or running to work.
7. Read a good book: With the distractions of technology these days, it’s easy to get sucked up marathon watching the latest show streaming or getting trapped looking at your social media feeds. It can become overwhelming to figure out when to find time to sit down and read a good book.
Reading is an activity that has been proven to being able to help people relax. Research suggests that reading may reduce stress by as much as 68! Books and learning more about characters outside our own lives can help us become more empathetic, and in return can strengthen our social relationships. Reading can also improve your brainpower and provides a good workout for your brain that can help enhance your memory. Better yet, reading a book before bed can aid sleep!
Need any summer book recommendations? Check out these recommended summer beach reads and the benefits of tea with a good book.
8. Try meditation: Meditation is often associated as a boring activity or may sound too difficult for others. A lot of us avoid it without trying it out. Adding meditation a few times a week can help alleviate anxiety, pain, and fatigue. Taking in the time for mindful meditation can boost our energy and brain function.
Work on finding time at night for meditation before going to sleep, to have a good piece of mind and calmness to end the day with.
Lighten the Mood and Take Care of You
One of the best ways to boost your energy, fight fatigue, and live a healthier life is by *taking care of you* and we know you have it in you! Have the warm weather be the start of sunny days ahead. We are here to help you along the way. The next time you need some fun and uplifting music to kick off your day or activity, crank up our mix Mood Booster playlist on Spotify. Tag us on social media to recommend any tunes or playlists you’d like us to add to help you with your goals.
To stay hydrated this summer, make your water taste even better with our Water Boosters that are infused with Vitamins B & C. Our Water Boosters were created to help you meet your water intake needs in much more delicious way! Go grab life and most importantly, be the best you that you deserve.